Strategic planning: training model
Give us the tools, and we will finish the job! - Winston Churchill
Training model of strategic planning
We aren't consultants, telling you what to do. Instead, we give you the tools and language you need to shape your own destiny.
Creating a plan usually needs four tools in this order: Trends Outline, 5-Year Look, Competitor Grid and the Goal Tree (see The GM's Toolkit). This set of 1-page tools answers the three core questions of leadership:
- Why are we doing this?
- Where are we going?
- How are we going to get there?
The Goal Tree
- Shows direction and priorities at a glance
- Shows everyone how they fit together
- Traces everyone’s career path
- Clarifies lines of delegation
- Keeps directors focused
- Makes accountability crystal clear