Nothing truly valuable can be achieved except by the unselfish cooperation of many individuals. - Einstein
Unlike many association chapters, the Center’s workgroups don’t spend time on administrative or board and committee stuff. Instead, they work on projects to create best practices, which then get posted in The GMs Index so they're available to (and get recognized by) managers around the world. We're a community of generous problem-solvers.
- Develop Best Practices
- Create “problem pairs” for off-line peer support
- Probe deep management issues and blog insights
- Clarify key management terms for The GMs Index
- Create or test new 1-page tools for The GMs Toolkit
- Run futurist sessions (see Trends Outline)
- Provide pro bono work or mentoring
- Enjoy social activities
Sessions and solutions
Our workgroups typically meet every other month for two hours. A facilitator handles the scheduling and notes. We try to use as little paper and email as possible.
"I've belonged to dozens of associations and spent hundreds of hours in committee meetings recruiting board and committee members. The Center's small and facilitated workgroups let us solve problems and share our collective experience in an immediately useful way." – Brian Wagner, Carex