Nothing truly valuable can be achieved except by the unselfish cooperation of many individuals. - Einstein
The Center’s small facilitated workgroups don’t spend time on recruiting board or committee members: they solve serious management problems and then share and get recognized for their solutions.
- Develop Best Practices
- Create “problem pairs” for off-line peer support
- Probe deep management issues and blog insights
- Clarify key management terms for The GMs Index
- Create or test new 1-page tools for The GMs Toolkit
- Run futurist sessions (see Trends Outline)
- Provide pro bono work or mentoring
- Enjoy social activities
Sessions and solutions
Our workgroups typically meet every other month for two hours. A facilitator handles the scheduling and notes. We try to use as little paper and email as possible.
One reporting tool is our 1-page Best Practice form; a sample is among the Approved Resources at The GMs Index term 2.5 Sales management. We also share solutions with blog posts or as briefings; a sample is at 2.6 Customer service.
"I've belonged to dozens of associations and spent hundreds of hours in committee meetings recruiting board and committee members. The Center's small and facilitated workgroups let us solve problems and share our collective experience in an immediately useful way." – Brian Wagner, Carex